Friday, November 14, 2014

Review: Haunting Lia by @Shannon Eckrich

Haunting LiaHaunting Lia by Shannon Eckrich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved this book! Unique story and full of surprises throughout the entire book. I couldn't help but fall for Aiden with the sacrifices he made for Lia and the way he watched out for her. He was by far my favorite character because he was much more complex than he appeared to be. I kept wanting to know more about him and where he came from, and add in that he always showed up when she needed him most. Perfect. "Stay with that boy, Lia. He's good for you, and he'll keep you safe."

Lia has seen monsters since she can remember. Loss, fear and loneliness have been her companion. Having her foster sister Chelsea had helped keep the monsters away and given her the sister she had always wanted, but luck wasn’t on her side. A terrible accident changes Lia’s life and brings the monsters back. Aiden enters the story and the unlikely knight in shining armour has some of the answers Lia has been seeking. “The name’s Aiden. And the shadows you see, they’re your enemy. You escaped them, and now they want you back.”

A supremely well written story that I just couldn’t get enough of. My only small complaint, I WANT MORE. Loved the characters and the way they grew throughout the book. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a unique story that grabs you from the very start.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment